Becoming a morning person
Now that we’re all staying in, we can guarantee that most people are enjoying a lie in.. on well..most days! Even though a lie-in can be a lovely treat, we’re all at risk of falling out of our routines.
We’ve got a few tips and tricks to help you become more of a morning person and get the most of our days at home with family.
- Set an alarm every morning. It could be 7 am Mon-Fri and 8:30am Sat & Sun. But the most important thing is to GET UP when your alarm goes off. You’ll find once you get into the swing of things, it’ll get easier and your body will start to wake up naturally at those times.
- Let in natural light. It may sound the opposite of what you want. But letting in natural light will slowly wake up your body whilst you're sleeping, meaning when you wake, you feel less tired.
- Set a morning goal. This can be anything. Making banana muffins, doing a 30-minute yoga workout or cleaning your room top to bottom. Having a purpose to get up will help you to get moving.
- Limit your phone time before bed. Blue light has been proven to disrupt sleep so limiting this before bed may help you get better sleep, plus we’ve all been there scrolling until 1am when you’re supposed to be asleep.
- Stick to a routine. Find a routine which works for you and stick to it, your body will appreciate consistency, meaning better sleep and hopefully making you more of a morning person.